The ILF Mission:
The ILF endeavors to promote events in the Philadelphia Region that create a new dynamic of collaborative innovation between the Private, Public and Academic Sectors. This new dynamic is to invigorate regional economic growth and opportunity. Collaborative Innovation is the most direct way to solve vexing problems and unravel the region’s true potential!!
May 13th, 6-8:30 pm, Comcast Center (1701 JFK, Philadelphia, PA)…note this location can be accessed from Suburban Station without leaving the station…
Marc Siry: Keynote Speaker
Marc has had an eclectic career path that spans the creative spectrum of media and technology, from Mattel to Marvel to AOL to NBC Universal to Comcast Corporate! His innovations have won numerous awards and his career is ‘just taking off’ as the lead Intrapreneur of Comcast. His role of ‘sniffing out’ new opportunities in markets and technologies is a great story. You won’t want to miss it!!
For additional details click here!
This event is open to the Public!!
Comcast NBC Universal is generously Hosting this event with free attendance, food and drink!!
Marc will be joined by a panel of corporate entrepreneurship experts:
Dr. Janice Presser (Serial entrepreneur and CEO of the Gabriel Institute)
Evjatar Cohen (Global Practice Leader, Pharmaceuticals, Appian Inc.)
Joel Vardy (Experienced Intrapreneur in multiple industries, President, Vardy & Associates, LLC)
Here are some quotes from participants:
“Great topic, venue and the presenters were terrific. Heard accolades from everyone after… all the way to through the parking lot. Refueling stop for innovation highway.” Kevin Connor (Owner, Modern Strategic Branding + Communications)
“Great opportunity to get together with like-minded people” Dr. Janice Presser (CEO, The Gabriel Institute, Creator of the ‘Technology of Teaming’)
“For a 1st of its kind event with GPSEG, it was a home run”. Thomas Nelson (CEO – Lodestar Corp.)
“One of the most intellectually stimulating meetings in years!” Jim Pennypacker (Publisher and Editor-in-Chief at Maven House Press)
“Nice event…thanks”. Frank Rowe (Senior Vice President at PeopleMetrics)
GPSEG’s Innovation Leadership Forum is dedicated to the field of innovation management and the growing need to educate the public in one of the most discussed topics in the world. The U.S. has long held a leadership position in innovation but the rest of the world has caught up. Innovation is defined as “doing things differently and making it work.” This definition competes with many similar definitions – which is one of the challenges as there are as many definitions as grains of sand on the beach. We endeavor to uncover the mystery around this topic with a series of forums that are intended to educate, enlighten, entertain and stimulate your senses. We endeavor to have the thought leaders of the day speaking at a series of forums that will also include panel discussions and other interesting interactive activities. The first 4 major themes correspond to the “Pillars of Innovation” and represent the first series. They are:
- Business Model Innovation “when the game gets tough, change the game” (held on April 4th, 2012)
- Innovation Culture “developing and maintaining the DNA of the innovative organization” (held on Sept. 6th, 2012)
- Process Innovation “the method & language of innovation, centering on improved decision-making” (held on Dec. 12, 2012)
- Product/Service Innovation “the artifacts or output of innovation” (held on March 28, 2013)
The second series builds on the first series. Each of the 4 pillars can be found in these innovation themes:
- Innovations in Healthcare “Philadelphia region’s unique innovation brand” (scheduled for October 3, 2013) First in the second innovation series. We will be holding this forum at the University Science Center.
- Role of the Public sector in Innovation “Cities have become the new Laboratory of Innovation” (February 27, 2014)
- Design Innovations “The next generation of innovations” (May 29, 2014)
- 2nd Career Entrepreneurs: Translating Corporate to Entrepreneurial Success “What is it about entrepreneurs that promotes innovation?” (October 27, 2014)
We are starting our 3rd series…focused on most impactful applications of innovations in the Philadelphia economy:
- Exploring Corporate Entrepreneurship (Intrapreneurship): How it Works “Philadelphia’s application of the entrepreneurial skills and spirit to corporate environment in order to develop new markets, explore ‘white space’ opportunities and new techniques, processes and products/services.” Comcast will be hosting this meeting and highlight their approach to intrapreneurship. (May 13, 2015)
- How to Becoming a Great ‘Preneur’. This event will be presented as an ‘unconference’…allowing our attendees to decide the specific areas to explore in the breakout sessions…expect this to be a 5 hour event. (Oct. 17, 2015)
We will be populating this site as more details are developed. We will be including links, articles and videos that will enhance the mission of the site and create a connected set of content.