Alan Greenberger, Deputy Mayor for Economic Development and Director of Commerce: Keynote Speaker
Interview Video (1.30.14)
David Sorin Tom Gellrich Dr. Robert McNamee (CEO of Management Mpowerment) (Founder Top Line Analytics) (Temple Univ. Academic Director, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Inst.)
For additional details click here!
This event is open to the Public!
Here are some quotes from participants:
“Great topic, venue and the presenters were terrific. Heard accolades from everyone after… all the way to through the parking lot. Refueling stop for innovation highway.” Kevin Connor (Owner, Modern Strategic Branding + Communications)
“Great opportunity to get together with like-minded people” Dr. Janice Presser (CEO, The Gabriel Institute, Creator of the ‘Technology of Teaming’)
“For a 1st of its kind event with GPSEG, it was a home run”. Thomas Nelson (CEO – Lodestar Corp.)
“One of the most intellectually stimulating meetings in years!” Jim Pennypacker (Publisher and Editor-in-Chief at Maven House Press)
“Nice event…thanks”. Frank Rowe (Senior Vice President at PeopleMetrics)
GPSEG’s Innovation Leadership Forum is dedicated to the field of innovation management and the growing need to educate the public in one of the most discussed topics in the world. The U.S. has long held a leadership position in innovation but the rest of the world has caught up. Innovation is defined as “doing things differently and making it work.” This definition competes with many similar definitions – which is one of the challenges as there are as many definitions as grains of sand on the beach. We endeavor to uncover the mystery around this topic with a series of forums that are intended to educate, enlighten, entertain and stimulate your senses. We endeavor to have the thought leaders of the day speaking at a series of forums that will also include panel discussions and other interesting interactive activities. The first 4 major themes correspond to the “Pillars of Innovation” and represent the first series. They are:
- Business Model Innovation ”when the game gets tough, change the game” (held on April 4th, 2012)
- Innovation Culture ”developing and maintaining the DNA of the innovative organization” (held on Sept. 6th, 2012)
- Process Innovation ”the method & language of innovation, centering on improved decision-making” (held on Dec. 12, 2012)
- Product/Service Innovation ”the artifacts or output of innovation” (held on March 28, 2013)
The second series builds on the first series. Each of the 4 pillars can be found in these innovation themes:
- Innovations in Healthcare “Philadelphia region’s unique innovation brand” (scheduled for October 3, 2013) First in the second innovation series. We will be holding this forum at the University Science Center.
- Role of the Public sector in Innovation “Cities have become the new Laboratory of Innovation” (February 27, 2014)
- Innovations in Design “The next generation of innovations” (May 29, 2014)
- Entrepreneurship & Intrapreneurship Innovations “What is it about entrepreneurs that promotes innovation?” (fall 2014)
We will be populating this site as more details are developed. We will be including links, articles and videos that will enhance the mission of the site and create a connected set of content.